Iron Eagle Paddle & Run
Featuring the Quaff ON! Brewing Co. Post Race Party
Thank you for a successful 2021 race! Check out our highlight reel:
$50 registration through May 2nd. See additional pricing below (including a way to save $10).
This all-ages adventure showcases the trails and reservoir at Eagle Creek as participants run-paddle-run their way through the park, all while raising money for the Eagle Creek Park Foundation.
Run 2.5 miles on a wooded trail from the swimming beach to the marina, hop in a canoe or kayak for a 1.5 mile loop on the water and then hit the trails again for a run back to the swimming beach. Both individual and relay teams can participate.
All participants receive a medal, performance t-shirt and access to the Quaff ON! Brewing CO. post-race party at the Earth Discovery Center.
- 2.5-mile trail run followed by 1.5-mile paddle followed by another 2.5-mile trail run followed by a post-race party at the Earth Discovery Center.
Date & Time:
- July 23, 2022
- 6:30am-7:30am boat drop-off, check-in/registration, & packet pick-up at the marina
- 8am race starts at the swimming beach.
Cost (remember folks, this is a fundraiser for Eagle Creek Park Foundation):
- $50 before May 2nd
- $60 before July 5th
- $70 before July 22nd
- $80 day of race.
- Looking for a discount? Become a foundation member today and get $10 off.
- One person does both running stages and the water stage
- Both participants run both running stages and the paddle stage
- Teams are welcome to use 2 single boats or a double boat
- Participants need to stay within 50 feet of their teammate
- Boat(s) must stay in the boat transition area until both runners have arrived
- Finish time and place is based on when the last runner crosses finish line
- One person runs both running stages, the other person does the paddle stage
- 3-person relay teams are welcome, but will not be eligible for the awards
- The paddle person and boat need to stay in the boat transition area until the runner arrives
Racers are welcome to BYOB (bring your own boat) so long as you also bring appropriate lifejacket/s and paddles.
Kayak and canoe rentals are available in advance through Eagle Creek Outfitters on a first-come, first-served basis. $10 from every boat rental benefits the Foundation. Rentals come equipped with paddles and life jackets.
Single dugout & sit-on-top kayaks are $25. Double kayaks & canoes are $35.
Winners will be honored in the following categories:
- Top solo female
- Top solo male
- Top team (2 participants complete the entire race together)
- Top relay team (2 participants, each completes 1 or 2 stages)
The race begins at the swimming beach, but you’ll need to first check in at the marina where you’ll drop off your kayak/canoe (if you’re BYOBoating) or pick out your rental kayak/canoe.
Enter the park from either entrance and follow the signs for the marina. After checking in, follow the signs and drive to the swimming beach parking lot.
This race starts and ends at the beach with the marina serving as the transition area. Spectators are welcome to view the race at either location.
We sure do and we’d love to have you! We need help with the following:
- Water aid stations
- Road crossings
- Medal distribution
- T-shirt distribution
- Boat management
- The after party
Please contact email@example.com for volunteer information.
“This event is my favorite by far!”
“I have wanted to do this race for a few years, and I’m glad I finally did it. I’ll be back!”